The safety of hotel guests, staff and the environment is paramount when designing hotels. It is imperative that you take into consideration the many current laws, standards and guidelines to ensure this. We will professionally and expertly take this work off your shoulders.
Observation of and compliance with current legislation, regulations, standards and guidelines relating to safety, as well as technically correct installation, represent challenging yet essential guidelines in the design, installation and operation of hotels. We are on hand to assist you in ensuring full compliance with these specifications.
In addition to the general requirements, an awareness of country-specific differences is also essential. Ignorance of legislation and (VDI) directives – regional as well as in the federal states – can result in incorrect design. You have to be aware and comply with these guidelines to ensure a perfect design and reliable installation.
We can look after matters on your behalf to avoid design mistakes and their consequential problems, to take the pressure off you as best as possible. That way you can focus on other work.
A short list of the legislation, standards and guidelines that need to be taken into consideration is given here to provide you with a better impression:
- DIN EN 12831 ("Heating Systems in Buildings - Method for Calculating the Standard Heat Load")
- DIN EN 13779 ("Ventilation of Non-residential Buildings - General Principles and Requirements for Ventilation and Air-conditioning Systems and Room Cooling Systems")
- DIN EN 18017- 3 ("Ventilation of Bathrooms and Toilets Without External Windows - Part 3: Ventilation with Fans")
- Legislation governing the promotion of renewable energy sources in heating (Renewable Energy Sources Heating Act - EEWärmeG)
- VDI 2078 ("Calculating the Cooling Load and Room Temperatures of Rooms and Buildings")
- VDI 6022 ("Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Air Quality - Hygiene Requirements Governing Ventilation and Air Conditioning Systems and Units")
- Directive governing energy-saving heat insulation and energy-saving systems engineering for buildings (Energy-saving directive – EnEV)
We'd like to spare you this work: we've put together a professional team in a specialist department to answer all questions relating to these regulations. We'd be glad to help.